There are so many reasons to use a Realtor when building a new home.
- It doesn’t cost you a dime! Builders pay Realtors to work with buyers.
- You don’t get a price reduction for not using a Realtor! Realtors are paid out of the marketing budget, not the construction budget. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise, especially someone with a vested interest in having you unrepresented.
- Your point of contact throughout the transaction works for you and not the Builder. If you purchase a new home without a buyer’s agent, who is representing you? The salesperson in the model home represents the builder and is negotiating on their behalf. Why would you want them to help you write up your offer and paperwork?
- You’ll work with an experienced, expert. If you were spending this amount of money on a stock in a new company, would you rely on the information from the company’s publicist or would you hire an educated and neutral stock broker to advise you? Why rely on the builders representative when you are entitled to your own representative and it doesn’t cost you anything?
- We will keep the transaction moving and take care of the problems when you are too busy or overwhelmed. We know you have a full-time job and can’t always focus on an extended build project. We are here for you to keep everything moving forward.
- We know what builder incentives are available. A buyer may not know what some of the current incentives and financing options are that are being offered by the builders. We’ll let you know.
- We’ll let you know about builder reputations in the community. You’ll need to know what experience other buyers have had with certain builders and what their reputations are with regards to quality, dependability, timeliness and follow up after the sale.
- We’ll research the comp’s on the home you are considering buying. We want to make sure you don’t over pay for new construction. We know what homes are selling for in the area and can advise you.
- We’ll walk you through construction phases, inspections and your punch list. We will keep track of your construction dates and help coordinate your inspections. Before closing, we’ll conduct a walk through and create a punch list of items that need to be finished.
- We’ll coordinate and oversee a 3-Point Inspection. Each stage of your new build is important, and we make sure third party inspector reviews the builders work from the Pre-Pour Foundation inspection, to the Framing and then Final inspection. We offer peace of mind at every stage of the building process.
- Builders want to work with Realtors. Builders rely on their reputations within the real estate community and do a majority of their transactions with Realtors. They treat Realtors very well and work well with them in negotiating deals.
- We are professionals. This is what we do every day. We can be really helpful.
Remember, if you drop into a model home without your realtor, please remember to write their name down the first time you check in. This will preserve your right to work with them if you choose to purchase a home from this builder.